Pages

12.10.2010

East To West Coast We Coastin'

So here we are again, 1AM in the morning putting off sleeping. Lets do this thing.
So Lupe Fiasco is a rap artist that blew up a few years ago. When I was playing basketball, his Kick,Push was always blasting through the speakers in the gym. So He made a pretty big impact on me cause he was the first rap artist I was exposed to that lyrical talent that extended into the realm of meaning and not drugs, guns and OGs. Just so we're clear, I don't think gangster rap is bad, just Lupe is in a class of his own. He's got swagger, he's got rhymes, he's got his own label that he launched,First and Fifteen(FnF). He's been recognized by artists with respect which they toss up for him. What sells his music is the stories, sometimes extended over songs and albums. It sets him apart from everyone else. Once again, I really like Fiasco, I'm excited for his new album Lasers that drops sometime in the Spring as it stands now. Either way, Lupe Fiasco will always have a place in my heart for his introduction my love of hip-hop and rap music.



So this song is off his first album, "Food and Liquor", and it is amazing, to me. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy it, I'm gunna go try and sleep now so have a good time till the next I have a one-sided conversation with you.
Sunshine-Lupe Fiasco

No comments:

Post a Comment