Pages

12.21.2010

Late Nights

So as the nights get colder and I can see my breath when I'm out walking, I get really into songs that make me feel good and promote long walks and too much thinking. This is one of those songs. Skrillex aka Sonny Moore started off in the band From First To Last. When was 16 he joined FFtL and wrote Note To Self which was a huge hit. So big I didn't even like their music and I liked that song. But hey, I was an angsty teenager, still am, so maybe that explains it. Anyways, he tore it up in that "emo-core" scene for a while before dropping off the radar. Then in June of 2010, he released My Name Is Skrillex using this alias for the first time on an album. The album exploded on the blog scene and he started releasing remixes of people like iSquare and Lady Gaga.

On October 25,2010 Skrillex released Scary Monsters and Nice Spirits on mau5trap records and went on tour with deadmau5 giving him massive amounts of exposure to a North American audience. He is currently working on a full length album as well as putting out remixes that are topping Hype Machine's charts constantly. He got a name has having a very hard style, some hated it, others thrived on it. With Your Friends[Long Drive] is very different from most of his other stuff, laid back and almost a trance or house feel to it. Either way, it makes me happy, and his other stuff does too, if I'm in the right frame of mind. I hope you guys enjoy it and hope you guys enjoy your Holidays, talk to you in a few days.
Peace

With Your Friends(Long Drive)-Skrillex

No comments:

Post a Comment