Pages

2.16.2011

Glancin' The Review

So today, I've got a song for you, that does not fit the weather that's pouring down outside as I talk. Yes, talk, not type. That's how I roll. I don't why, but this song has always reminded me of summer days, maybe cause Cali makes me thinks about hot weather...

Right, Sugarcult is a punk rock band hailing from the aforementioned California, Santa Barbara to be specific. But that's unimportant. Sugarcult was formed in high school while leading singer Time Pagnotta met then drummer Ben Davis. He later left the band, but hey, he helped spawn this little gem. Punk rock music is one of my favorite genres, a guilty pleasure kind, songs about teenage angst and mischanced love over repetitive rhythm guitar always has been enjoyable to me. Sadly, it is starting to lose steam, perhaps for the best, making the bands that do get known good. The days of Canadian Sum 41 and punk rock giant Blink-182 are over. It seems that the mainstream music industry is being dominated by R&B, electronic influenced dance and pop tracks and the occasional hip-hop song. Not saying that's bad, I love me some upbeat basslines and party lyrics, but diversity is a gem.

For example,The Black Eyed Peas were alot more original when they were the only one pumping out dance pop tunes. Now we have Katy Perry, Kesha(I refuse to accept using $ as an 's') and the Far East Movement. But, I digress, the music industry is constantly changing so perhaps in 3 months I'll be complaining that there isn't enough electronica getting airtime. But, I've always got the internet to find music on! So with that, have a good one, I'm out!


Los Angeles-Sugarcult

No comments:

Post a Comment