Pages

2.14.2011

Move Slow

It's Valentines day, oh so sweet and fuzzy feeling inside. Not really, but I figured I'd roll out this song cause it's a nice touch and a good song. Also, I had to hand in my grad write up today, ahhhhh my so freaking that I'm outta high school in a few months. For those of you that didn't know, now you know. Don't creep me

So Talib Kweli is born NY I'm guessing, cause as I originally knew him was The Prince Of Brooklyn. He is one of the first rap artists that I really liked most of their stuff. Tossin' out the gangster rap and wandering into the weird sub-genre known as alternative hip-hop which is something we have previously talked about in my post featuring Sage Francis. He also hails from NY so maybe there's a trend there,but that's irrelevant. Early on Kweli did alot of work with Mos Def and got recognition from him,and ultimately the community for his lyricism. It was a kind of music that was flourishing at that point, before the turn of the century and everyone deciding that slinging bullets was more impressive that verses.

Talib Kweli has worked with alot of arists, forming improntu groups as well as things set out the be groups, and most of it works. Alot of his music has been compared to Common for on occasion, similar song messages. But this song, and why I thought it fitting, is because Valentines day is when people decide it's a good idea to look for love. In my young and inexperienced opinion, looking for something meaningful usually doesn't end very well for anyone involved. But, I'll stop that cynicism about love and tell you to "share it with your loved one(s)". And for those going to the heroic V-Day singles parties, party hard, for other singles and couples alike, enjoy all the chocolate, I'm out!


Never Been In Love-Talib Kweli

No comments:

Post a Comment