Pages

2.05.2011

Basslines and Cars

Terribly sorry about the delay in posting, but I've been busy. Most excitingly, I got my N, which in part of BC's graduated licencing program, and it means I can drive by myself, with restrictions. So that's exciting, and now onto the music, which is, I hope, what you're here for. So if you've already started listening to the song, which you should have, you might think it's a miss-type and it's Lady Gaga, but you would be mistaken. Instead it is the talented and creative Natalia Kills from Britain.

Signed to Cherrytree Records, along with some others, Natalia Kills has some stark vocals and interesting artistic choices. Thus, the comparisons to Lady Gaga are more then just their vocal similarity. Hailing from London, she was discovered by will.i.am, a member of dance pop superstars The Black Eyed Peas. She started making music, praised for her homebrew mixtape called Wommaniqune, which commented on Feminist ideals I would imagine from the name. She's on a song with Far East Movement, one of the biggest names in music at the moment, called 2 is Better. Along with that, she is/was on tour with Robyn, an artist that blew up all over...everywhere.

So she's gunna be liked by the mainstream radio stations soon which is good for her, and good for me as it prompts more of her music. With her upbeat basslines and her crisp voice, she does make an impression. However, this song does as well. With a remix by Frankmusik, a fellow Cherrytree record label mate, the two make a good pair. I hope you guys enjoy the song, I'm out!


Mirros(Frankmusik Remix)-Natalia Kills

No comments:

Post a Comment