Pages

2.01.2011

More Than Meets The Eye

Three tests this week in not as many days, I dislike this. But, here we go anyways! Bobby Ray Simmons, better known as B.o.B, the Atlanta native responsible for the god forsaken ♪Airplanes in the night skyyyy like shooting stars!♪ Ah! And yet, he redeems himself with his Outkast inspired name from their fantasic song Bombs Over Bagdad(B.O.B). So, without further adieu, press play and I shall flood with my opinion.

B.o.B is,basically, an R&B artist, and this is probably one of the VERY few times that'll you see me praise one. I dislike the genre, but, Mr. Simmons manages to escape the genre, and even attack his "pop" song in some of his verses. He was born in N. Carolina but moved to Georgia at a young age and you can tell from his style, as it is definitively ATL. With an upbeat track and lyrics that sound very much like an attack at many people that labeled him as a throw away backing singer. I will agree, well I did agree, with those accusations, his lyrics in his hits have been, at the time of writing, pretty formula. However, as the reference goes, he does transform into something entirely different.

In summary, one of his better songs off his mix-tape, which is free, get it here. His Cold As Ice sample is not bad, totally different then the original which is good, cause stealing beats is (usually) not cool. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the song as much as I do, I'm out!


Beast Mode-B.o.B

No comments:

Post a Comment