Pages

1.29.2011

Eastern Girls

So today we have a song by The Foals, a British band from Oxford. Signed to Sub Pop for their North American adventures, they have an indie-dance feel. The lyrics, very indie, but the music still makes me want to go dance in the rain that is being dumped in buckets outside my house, even better, above my head...rather loudly. Anyways, too my anlyisis of said song.

This Orient is from their second album, Total Life Forever that they released just this year. Well, within the last 12 months,as in May 2010. Sorry, still adjusting to how it's 2011. The band had an interesting marketing idea, releasing parts and bits of songs that they were making for the album. Even going as far as to play an untitled and unfinished song for a live audience on several occasions. I found it strange, but I liked the music, both when it was released and now. The album cracked many top of 2010 charts on blogs and prints. Also, the album artwork got nominated by NME,I didn't think it was fantastic, nor bad. But, I'm not artistic

The song is a strong instrumental piece that capitalizes on an upbeat undertone and "magical" sounding trebles, that's the best word I think for it. The lyrics are rather depressing, about lost love of a girl, of course. Romancing the stone usually ends badly for the courter, but it does make for terrific songs. At times the song does feel a bit schizophrenic(I got this word right,first try, no spell check!) at times, but that's forgivable due to the aforementioned desire to dance in the streets to it. The song reminds me of summer for sure, and that means long nights with the sun up. And memories, which is also a good song, as well as a true statement. But, I'll leave you to the listening and see you in a while, I'm out!

This Orient-The Foals

No comments:

Post a Comment