Pages

1.06.2011

Get Low, Respect It

So I actually got this post up before 12 at night! Wow! I feel proud ♥. Anyways, let us get to this grimey,dirty,nurdy and fucking smashing dubstep hammer. Now, I haven't really posted alot of dubstep on here but that's cause I know how people feel about it. And that is, no one has heard of it, at least in my real world life. Everyone is like "What is this? It's bass is huuuuuugeeee". I respond with having my brain exploded by it. Lately dubstep has exploded on the web, with the expansion of sites like Dubstep Collective really showing the world that this genre, in all of it's newness(inventive word, I know), is here to stay.

So, there are some "household names" that produced other genres before wandering slowly in the dubstep arena, Rusko is one that jumps to mind. Now, I have posted some of Skrillex's stuff here before (it was softer, but here), and he represents, generally, the harder side of dubstep. Yes, there is such a thing as too hard in my opinion. So, as I was saying, dubstep really blew up in the early 2000's, in London of course where things like nu-rave and other odd genres that don't really have a name have been built. It seems that they are the center for edgy music. Anyways, lots of producers have flocked to England from all over Europe to be part of this, just lately has the States, and yes, even my home country of Canada has started to develop their own scene. Zeds Dead is a prime example of this. They've started getting remix deals and pumping out original content(listen loud below) that is making people stop, listen, and then mosh.

Now, lets be clear, Zeds Dead is not the only Canadian dubstep producer, even deadmau5 got in on this with Raise Your Weapon, I've mentioned this before. However, Zeds Dead smashed through blogs this year with remixs,new shit and songs like this, they capatilized on Omar LinX's, a fellow Toronto resident's rhyming ability and made Out For Blood. Now, I don't wanna gush but my ears were so happy when they heard this. I understand if some don't like this but, I gotta say, Yum!

So by now, I hope you've listened to it, downloaded it and checked out both Omar Linx and Zeds Dead's Facebook pages, and liked them. It's a smart idea, show the love ♥! I hope you enjoyed it, and I'm out.
Out For Blood-Zeds Dead & Omar Linx

No comments:

Post a Comment