Pages

1.16.2011

Canada Canada

Good afternoon everyone, I hope your weekend was good and forgetful, and in the spirit of that, I have a fitting song. No, it's not a club banger or a dance anthem, but an indie-electro producer that hails from Victora, BC. So here we go.

Germany Germany was a band that I found while trolling through Hypemachine and doing homework. I heard the song you should be listening to now, and decided to check out some more of their stuff. Turns out, I didn't have to get it illegally, as all of his albums are hosted right here with only one album needing to be bought. Personally, I would suggest it as it is my favorite album, but that's just my opinion. Drew Harris is the man behind all this magical music. Producing out of his basement with some lo-fi gear and high creativity giving a sound that is both unique and enjoyable.

Now, I spent some time trying to decide what genre he falls into as the OCD part of me desires to know. Ultimately, I had to decide on, previously stated, indie-electro. Now, I'm hesitant to call it indie because that makes me think of plaid shirts and lens-less glasses but his sound is something I have not heard before by anyone. The production sound gives it a feel that is reminiscent of winter nights by the fire. But that's cause most of his music makes me sleepy. Anyways, that's just me. I'll leave it up to you to decide how you want to classify it. As it boils down though, it is undoubtedly, good. I hope you guys agree. And I'm out!

Too Much To Say-Germany Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment