Pages

1.09.2011

Clutch On the Magnum

Sorry, I said I'd be regular again. I lied, or something. So, here we have it, Medicating by Boys Night Out, a Canadian band from somewhere near Toronto. So it's called Burlington, but all you really need to know is that it's close enough to Toronto be a suburb. It's liking living in the big city but having a house in the...country. So yeah, this is why I shouldn't be posting at 3:00AM, I don't make any sense but I'm determined! So here we go again!

Boys Night Out is a band that I heard once long ago and then someone was playing in the car while we were driving to some place to count butterflies or something and it reminded me I had some of their stuff on my computer, I just needed to scour it out. And scour I did, emerging with 4 songs, and this is my favorite, so sorry, that's all you get to hear! Now, I've mentioned before that I have some kind of dislike for hipsters, so I have to point out that bands like this, that I heard before they got some kind of recognition(this IS a Canadian band we're talking about here, and yes, I'm aware they are dead, talking in the pastish here), I feel proud for the band, and happy that I found them. People that dislike a band because they get noticed, do what they dreamed of since they were children, make me very upset. But, then again I am writing this at now 3:22AM in the morning so lets just go with it.

This song, and many of theirs, are deceptively depressing. Upbeat music, lyrics that, in tone, seem to be happy and yet, listening to the words makes one want to start wearing copious amount of black and take up poetry. (Not trying to be offensive, just trying to exemplify how this song makes me feel) So I would say, while this song does make me feel all those things, it also makes me feel warm inside, a Canadian band that I didn't hear first on a blog or a weird indie internet radio station, must be something wrong. I hope this expansive mass of words isn't too much to swallow and I hope I haven't offended all of my readers, and if you want to take up any of my views I'll be happy to debate with you ♥

Anyways, I hope you all had a good night and enjoyed this song, I'm out.
Medicating-Boys Night Out

No comments:

Post a Comment