Pages

2.27.2011

Après Ski

Sorry about the late post this time guys, I was up at Whistler all weekend for some fantastic skiing(very cold, but good) and some Olympic memories. And while I was up there I was listening alot to of the Swedish punk-rock band Neverstore.

So Neverstore really hits me in the right spot, bring me back to punk-rock bands that were the soundtrack of my childhood. Blink-182 and Neverstore producers(and Canadians) Sum-41. Oddly enough, Neverstore, a Swedish band that sings in English, spends most of it's tour time in Japan. Now, I know that the market there is huge due to it's population but it just seems strange to me. But anyways, they make very good music. They've release three albums, Sevenhundred Sudays, Heroes Wanted and Age Of Hysteria which came out early 2010. Consequently, I have three songs, each from a different album in order of years because that's how OCD I am.

Their musical style changes from album to album, even song to song. They show signs of a more upbeat style in some of their songs(much like Sum 41), but melodramatic teenage anthems in others(blink-182). But always, there is good 4-chord style of music and chilling vocals delivered by Jacob Widén. Again I'm impressed by the ability of people to speak in languages that aren't their native ones, especially with such power.

So after a weekend of skiing and "remembering", I'll finally get to put up some music for you guys, and I'm out!


Live Your Dreams(L.Y.D)-Neverstore
Rockthefool-Neverstore
Pouring Down-Neverstore

No comments:

Post a Comment