Pages

3.01.2011

Singularly Sad

No, the post title suggests some depression but it's not true! Just that this song is a very depressing piece. But, hell, it is enjoyable on some level or I wouldn't be posting it here, right? C'mon, have some faith in my musical tastes, or don't, but have faith in Crystal Castles making amazingly awesome music, okay? Please?

Right, so as I said, Crystal Castles is the duo behind the music in this one, and they give it(to me), a very magical snowy day type of feel. But hey, that's just me. So at this point in reading, if you're a regular reader(of pretty much any music blog with even the slightest hint of electronic/indie), and should be cause music is amazing,you should be, or at least should have heard of the duo. Spawning from the depths of Toronto, the two emerged almost by accident in the days when Myspace was still a viable way to spend time on the internet. No one likes it now but 'coons(scene kids). Anyways, along with this lovely melodic creation comes vocals, oddly, not sung by Alice.

What makes this song even better, is the vocals done Robert Smith of the legendary The Cure. I'm not a big fan of them but I am a fan of Smith's vocals and what they did to influence the music scene, so there. So back to the song you should be listening to now, he delivers them with a more of that lost, yet magical feeling that the melody, the sex appeal of the song, sets up so nicely.

All in all, a song that deals with suicide and depression, is delivered in such a way that makes it so hot you can't stop listening. Well I can't, I'm out!

Not In Love(Ft.Robert Smith)-Crystal Castles

No comments:

Post a Comment