Pages

3.27.2011

Riding Switch

Hopefully a full length post today, but that might change if I have to rush out. We shall see though. Dubstep is pretty obviously,from this blog, one of my more favoured genres of music. Don't ask me why, I just like the bass I guess. Some of it is also very stress releasing, this song is a perfect example. By the time it's done I hope you understand what I mean.

Noisia is a Dutch trio of producers that mainly have put out some good Drum N' Bass and have a delicious site. They've branched out since they first started, moving into Dubstep, as well as producing for some people. Most notably they produced Hadouken's For The Masses album. They released they're debut album,Split The Atom(reference to atom bombs,yay for mass destruction) in 2010 and it was decently well recieved. It doesn't really have any stand out tracks, and nothing that was remixed hundreds of times, like Ellie Goulding's entire debut CD, but it did make a passable album with some stand out tracks.

However, this post is about this song, not the album, refocus!! 16bit are these two guys that make some pretty awesome music. Hard hitting dubstep, to chillwave and hiphop they span genres from their home in London. Yeah, I didn't know this but it just adds to my British music addiction... But hey, they've got some good skills, right? Hammers that slam and bass kicks that shake the ground, when they're loud enough. The idea of adding some pretty gruesome sound effects, yes guns kill people that makes it a tad dark, and timing them with music is something typically done in movie trailers and game videos, that serves as a decent example on short notice. It adds an extra edge of connection between the listener and the emotion conveyed by the song. But I digress, that's delving into touchy-feely zone and that's not a good thing.

Overall, the original was lack luster, and the remix definitely made it better. Every time I hear this song it makes me want to punch something and somehow I see that as a good thing... I'm out!


Noisia - Machine Gun (16bit Remix) by NOISIA
They got mad at me for having the song up for download, although they weren't really polite about it, that's how it goes. Here it is, I'm sure you can find it somewhere if you really want. Or buy their stuff, it's worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment