Pages

3.31.2011

Redundant Repression

So it's been a couple of days, sorry about that. My excuse is that I was skiing, and that was important cause the season is ending and I probably got up there for the last time, which sucks=( But summer is coming so that means water skiing and wakeboarding may be possible, work just is gunna get in the way. But you don't need to hear my life story, you need to hear music!

Boys Night Out is a band that will increase my Canadian content on this blog, so there's a good sign, plus their music is fantastic! They're power punk band from Burlington, Ontario, which is close to Toronto and thus that's where they play quite a few of their shows. Hint, hint if you live near there go see them. If you like their music of course, and you should. Sadly, they never achived mainsttream success so most of their songs are lost in obsecurity, I don't even know where I got their music from, but I hope to share it and maybe expose them to a few more people. I've posted about them before, I think, and I probably rambled on like I am now so I'll stop about the band and move onto the song.

To be honest, this song is very depressing,but it's offset by some pretty fantastic backing music and some chilling vocal delivery. The effect on the voice makes it sound like their playing in a tunnel, but it fits with the song, which is about heartbreak and misery. Now, don't get it twisted, I'm not depresed or anything, but being a teenager, well any age, I'm allowed to have my bouts of melancholy. And when I decided to upload this song,I was in one of those moods. Sooo deal, it's still a good song. The title is rather fitting, as the song itself displays quite a bit of longing and desire towards someone, yet all in all, she must be let go. Let that be a lesson!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the song, I know it's a bit more down then my other stuff, but oh well, I'm out!

I'm trying out a new hosting site so if it fails,sorry, my other one died or something so all of the songs I had up'd from there are now gone, if that's a big issue e-mail me and I'll try to sort it all out. Thanks for sticking it out with me guys, I know I'm not the most reliant of bloggers
-Metroknome


Hold On Tightly, Let Go Lightly-Boys Night Out
I'll fix the link soon, once I find a site to host it.

No comments:

Post a Comment