Pages

3.14.2011

Caffeinated Consciousness

I'm sorry for disregarding you and leaving you without musical awesomeness, I was busy this weekend and this is a late post, I hope I can be forgiven. So with that, I will start my one sided ramble of a conversation about music that is fantastic.

Zion I is a two part rap ensemble from the Oakland I believe, that's in LA for those that are unaware of towns in American. One half,AmpLive, makes the music. This means everything from producing, DJing live as well as some of the backing music, in this case, the Piano. The other half is the lyrical influence of the group, MC Zumbi. He's made some headway elsewhere but this is his main project. Of late they've made some collabs with underground star The Grouch, also from the LA area. Overall, the duo never have really made a mainstream success, and I don't know why, most of their albums include at least one song that would be radio friendly, although some of their other stuff is deffinitly aimed at the underground crowd. I'm not complaining so we're clear. Featured in this song is K-Flay, a talented female from the Windy City,that'd be Chicago, that has started turning heads for her oddly inspired Hip-Hop. If nothing else, check out her music.

The song itself is pretty awesome,weird music video but what can one really expect from a group that doesn't usually do music videos,but this one turns out pretty well. Nothing over the top and it is definitely a summer son so it's good to see a video that reflects that. Coastin' is, in short, a song that is very name-centric. And it's debatable simplicity is what makes it so enjoyable. The piano is a nice touch, along with K-Flay's smoky vocals, Zion I made a splash that reached more audiences then it's usual underground and hyphy scenes.

I'll try to go back to posting every second day, I'm sorry ♥, with that, I'm out!

Coastin'(Ft. K-Flay)-Zion I

No comments:

Post a Comment