Pages

3.07.2011

Mutual Destruction

So this post might be usual length, but no promises, I am writing in my study again as I have no time to after school. As I'll be studying...hrm, I think I need to re-evaluate my time usage but that's okay, that's for another time. Right now I get to share this dance pop song that leaves me wanting to be part of a musical dance scene ending in roses. But hell, there's my over tired Monday imagination working!

So The Dance Party is a pop/rock band that hails from College Part, DC. In '05 the starting tearing up the Mid-Atlantic with hugeexplosiveawesome shows that stayed very true to their name. A dance party masquerading as a band's show, gave them a name as being a fun time. While most pop music I have a problem with, these guys aren't singing formula songs, they are making their own style, or at least one that hasn't been heard for a long time, cause as Nas says "no idea's original". Influences include some other weird pop rock bands I've never heard of but I'm told sound similar. Honestly, they sound like '70's pop to me and I love it.

The point is that their music is fun, and it's getting lots of Blog love. Their most recent album Touch lit up Hype machine with remixs of Sasha Don't Sleep. Yeah, they got some respect for their talent and even though their songs lack deep meaning, they do make you wanna jump with your hands up. Filled with sex, drugs and rock n' roll they parade around the stage performing some of they best live shows around in today's music world, and that is saying something. So, enjoy the fun song, and save it for the summer, it'll surely be as good then as it is now, and more fitting for the weather. I'm out!


If You Can-The Dance Party

No comments:

Post a Comment