Pages

3.19.2011

Decimated Speakers

So I might actually get a post up on time today, we'll see though. I think that at this point in my blog, I should introduce some Drum n' Bass. Now it's not loved by everyone but I still like it, much different then the hard hitting dubstep or the dance tunes or even the melancholic indie tracks that frequent aT. I hope you guys enjoy it. I've got two songs today so that's always a good thing!

Traxx Project is a young producer from some place in the UK called Cullomptom. Yeah, I've never heard of it but that's pretty irrelevant, cause he makes some pretty awesome music. Mainly putting out Drum n' Bass he occasionally dabbles in Dubstep, and most of his stuff is very enjoyable. But that's of course only if you like liquid DnB. The remix this song is of is by Lisa Miskovsky and is the title song for the freerunning game Mirror's Edge. Which is good by the way, even with the poor reviews it was something new and therefore many things are forgivable. Back on topic, Lisa is a Swedish pop singer that has only ever become popular in her home country aside from this song. But there, she's done pretty good. Song's good, and her voice is very powerful, the remix definitely adds to the song.

Sadly, I have little to no information for you about the second song's artists. I have no idea who InContext, but his remix is good and some of his other stuff is too. Beyond that, I don't know. Joman I know a little more about. He's 23 and has played with some pretty big names, BT jumps to the top of that list for sure. He's played as some festivals I've never heard of except Ultra's Festival, which is put on by Ultra Records. And if you don't know that is, you need to listen to more electronic music! The song is good, lots of breakdowns with some chillwave in between.

So there we have it, Drum N' Bass got it's official introduction on aT. I hope you guys like it, if not, well then I'll just pick a different genre to post when I think about DnB won't I? I'm on March Break now and I'm going away for a bit so if I don't post for a while, there's my preemptive excuse. But I think I will so don't worry, check back in two days. I'm out!

Still Alive(Traxx Project Remix)-Lisa Miskovsky
Static(InContext Remix)-Joman

No comments:

Post a Comment