Pages

4.02.2011

Deathly Suspense

This is probably going to be a short post, but I'll try to stretch it out a bit longer. Just for you guys, and because this song is on repeat while I write this post and it's a damn awesome song! Usually, when I go to post a song I mash refresh on my iTunes DJ thing until I see a song that I feel like writing, but this time my inspiration came from actually getting a pair of Ray Bans! These ones right here♥

A-Trak is a Montreal born DJ/turntablist that has headlined by merging the hip-hop scene with the dance-electronic scene. And for that sir, I salute you. He's done some pretty big stuff, recording with Kanye West when he was good(Graduation and before), and even producing and releasing Kid Cudi's Day N' Night on his label Fool's Gold. Yeah, he's that fantastic, working with Lupe again when he was good and wrote his own song. Along with all the rap artists he's worked with, he's made plenty of waves in the electronic world, working with people like MSTRCRFT and Boys Noize. As you can tell, I like him.

This song is an upbeat production that marries the dance-inducing feeling electronica brings with some snappy lyrics and swagger of the rap game. It's a good marriage, that doesn't push the boundaries and neither side files for a divorce, they even have children. Sorry, stretched that metaphor WAY past it's limit. Hopefully you get my point, it has just the right amount of each genre to turn out well, and turn out well it does, showing A-Trak's experience with producing this kind of music, he brings it all to the table for a very under-appreciated song.

Like I said, sorry, this post was short, that's how it goes, I still got it up before too late I hope! Have a good one guys, I'm out!

Ray Ban Vision-A-Track feat CyHi Da Prynce

No comments:

Post a Comment