Pages

4.04.2011

Far Away

Hopefully I can get this post up early, it's my first day back at school after a very nice two week break, but anyways, this song is actually related to my most recent musings. Right now, it's actually pouring rain and cold outside, but yesterday it was sunny and I was in shorts so I thought I'd write about this song, in hopes that it might influence the weather.

To be honest, before I'd hear this song, I had no idea who this New York based duo were, and how interesting a combination they form but their very separate skill sets compliment each other nicely, adding a very personal touch to all of their songs. Shy Child was formed by two friends who decided that NY was good place to start a band. And why not, it's not a bigger population then all of Canada, someone's bound to enjoy your music. Actually though, they are pretty good, and their combinatione of electronica with some rock hits home with a lot of people.

Typically, their lyrics reflect their rock influences, while their music shows their love for synthesizers and keytars. Of course, this will lead to some people claiming perversion of both genres, but I like the odd duo, and I hope you guys while share some of my sentiments. At least give it a listen. The song, is as I said, very much based on Summer, such as the title represents. Teenage sex and hazy eyes seem to a fairly accurate representation of high school summers. I'm having my last one this year, as I graduate in July and that's pretty terrifyiing. But speaking of school, the bell just rung so I've gotta go, enjoy the song everyone, I'm out!

Summer-Shy Child

No comments:

Post a Comment