Pages

4.05.2011

Cityscape Dreams

So yeah, I'm gunna try to make this an actual post and not something hastily thrown together like my last one's have been. Sorry about that, trying to get my life on track is deceptively difficult, but to fulfill my compulsion to share music, and my love of it, I shall relax and release this expansive dose of words upon anyone foolish enough to read them! Thank you by the way ♥

Somethingalamode is a duo that hails from the detestably cultured city of Paris. Thomas Roussel and Yannick Grandjean are the two young(ish) gentlemen that make up this blend of delicate strings and pleasantly blended electro with a strong attachment to the city they're from. As you should know, France, and Paris in particular, has a huge electronic scene, and while I don't really like the language I was forced to pretend to learn, I do enjoy the music that comes from the city. The classical training of these two comes out very strong with the mood of the piece, having some (Grade 4 Royal Conservatory) training, I feel slightly suited to say that there is a classic influence undoubtedly present.

K.Flay is the other contributing artist and we've talked about this talented Standford grad, and she is back with her unique voice and smoky lyrics that make me wanna push my lands into the light. I don't think a better candidate could have been chosen for singing this song. Pance Party did the remix, and this is another group that we've talked about. Well listened to I had no idea who they were but I'm back, and armed with some knowledge. The group is actually a trio from San Fran who have launched on the electro scene in the past few years, and man, good for them. Admittedly, they're bio sounds a little ponce-ish(?) but hell, they're famous so maybe it's supposed to. I dunno, but what I do know is that they make good remixes. This one, by keeping the concept intact while melding beats together and showing a surprising amount of musical maturity, they captured the ears of many people.

So they've all got some serious talent, and the combination of them is for sure a unique sound, and it worked out well, and didn't self destruct in their faces. Of course, some of it could use work as the transitions appear a bit rush at times, it is for sure one of my most listened to songs this last month. See you in two days, I'm out!


5 AM(Pance Party Remix)-SomethingALaMode ft. Kflay

No comments:

Post a Comment