Pages

4.16.2011

Dining to Dubstep

Last night I had nothing to do, which was kinda depressing but that's just how it goes. Anyways, I decided to make dinner and listen to a backlog of dubstep that's been sitting on my iTunes for a few weeks without ratings, and I hate when my songs don't have ratings. Anyways, I stumbled across this gem in the middle of my meal and lost my mind. A perfect fit for eating, a nice chillwave dubstep with some very clear vocals over top. Anyways, to you I present this.

James Vincent McMorrow is the man we can thank for this song, he's an Ireland native who recorded and played all his music for his debut album Early in the Morning. A feat to say the least, but even more impressive is that he did it in the middle of no where on the Ireland coast. He got huge acclaim for his work from magazines and blogs all over the world. His vocals are calming and his lyrics tell a story, wading into the mystical at times. To me, he reminds me alot of Elliot Smith. Of course, that's just my opinion, some of you mind not see it all.

Adventure Club are the lovely people that provided the dubstep part of this song. And they did it very nicely indeed. Christian Srigley and Leighton James are a Canadian duo that are from Montreal, perhaps the biggest music central in all of Canada. Anyways, they formed in early 2011, and they are working fast, already produced an EP and getting some big ups from blogs like earmilk and welikeit.indie. They're making a splash for sure, and hopefully this is just the beginning.

So next time you're home alone and you're making dinner, think of this song and blast it, you could be surprised at just how relaxing dubstep can be, until the drop comes and you slam your fork into your hand . Anyways, enjoy the tune everyone, I'm out!


We Don't Eat(Adventure Club Dupstep Remix)-James Vincent McMorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment