Pages

4.27.2011

Suspensful Succession

As usually of late, I am going to apologize in advance for the post being short, sorry ♥! Anyways, we've got an old mashup that I just listened to again and decided that it merited being posted to aT.

The two original songs are good on their own, the first one I get to talk about is by deadmau5 and
Kaskade. These two make up some of the biggest names in electronic and dance music. Of course, this kind of fame comes with usually a limit in the genre of songs that they make. However, both have seemed to avoid this and move into some different genres of electronica. Their contribution to the song is I Remember a trance anthem with a pretty cool music video, even though it's more of a short film.

The Xx is a British indie pop band that met at school. Yeah, not very exciting but still pretty cool. Anyways, they made a huge splash on the universal music scene getting some big acclaim for their first album in '09 xx. They cover alot of songs of other people, and this song, Shelter, is a cover of Hercules Love Affair. The Xx are big, so watch out for them.

Austin Eterno is the mastermind behind this song, and honestly I don't really know anything about him. I think he comes from Burlington, Vermont but beyond that I don't know. He's got a bunch of music up on his Soundcloud. I do suggest you check it out cause it is pretty damn good.

So there we have it, it's up late but hopefully the post is packed with information that you guys enjoy! The song is good no doubt, so listen to it and push your hands to the light. I'm out!

I Remember Shelter (The Xx vs Deadmau5 & Kaskade)-Austin Eterno
If this song doesn't work I'll fix it when I get home

No comments:

Post a Comment