Pages

4.14.2011

Nonsense Names

I'm gunna have to jump right into this one cause I don't have much time to write this post but I'll try to be as thorough as possible, apologies for the short post in advance though!

Gorilla Warefare Tactics is a hip-hop group based out of New York City, yet they take rhymeing queues from Chi-town legend Common. So GWT was a big surprise to me, with a name like that I expected something more along the lines of Immortal Technique and Atmosphere's rage fueled rhyming style, but the surprise was nice, and made a very good opening for this talented trio.

They're supposed to release a mixtape this time so keep your eyes open for that, it'll be hotter then the summer sun, and I can't wait for it. The start of this song was a nice lo-fi scratch, kinda reminds me of the start of Dead Prez's music video for Hip-Hop. But that's just me. And I'm sadly out of time now, I'm out!


Temptations-Gorilla Warfare Tactics

No comments:

Post a Comment