Pages

4.23.2011

Narrow Stairs

So today is going to be a quick post. Easter and all, family attacks and turkey gets eaten. And we forget why Easter is important, not that it is to me but I suppose the origin is a good thing to know. Anyways, here we have it, a song about a depressing city to some, while it is the epitome of energy and fun to others, LA.

Death Cab For Cutie has hit the niche of successful indie bands. And indie they are, right down to the style of their clothes and the lyrics of their songs. But they make enjoyable and accessible songs. Sure, some might get a deeper meaning out of some of there stuff but honestly, I just like their music. They come from Bellingham, WA which is cool cause that's really close to me. And it's a nice place, however I can see how moving to LA might be a bit of a problem for someone from there. For being so close to Seattle, it is a much different city, and even Seattle is miles different from most other major US cities. But I digress, they've got a new album coming out on May 31st, and there is tons of buzz about it. For good reason, check out some of the songs they've released so far from it and you can see why people are excited. It's may produce some good summer anthems,even though May is a bit early to start thinking about those.

The song you should be listening to by now is one that goes against what many people make out the be true. LA, is for most, a city of high hopes and sunny beaches. In reality, it's much like most other cities, people go to work everyday and come home every night. Only difference, is that there's more people,the sun is hotter and there are occasional movie stars around. Needless to say, it doesn't really "smack my gob" but it's a nice place I suppose. Of course me, being pasty and not liking heat, it wouldn't be my ideal living place. Anyways, it would seem that Death Cab For Cutie also share my sentiments, not really feeling the love for this starry city.

Once again, sorry for the short post, I tried to stretch it out, but it's alot of talking in circles. I hope you guys are having a good Easter weekend! I'm out ♥


Why You'd Want to Live Here-Death Cab For Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment