Pages

4.19.2011

Serene Sensations

I know, I didn't get a post up yesterday, I'm sorry. Two tests later today, that's my legitimate excuse for not writing. Don't leave me, we're just getting to know each other. Anyways, today we have a beauty of a song by some guy that hails from Victoria that we've listened to before, Germany Germany.

Honestly, I do not understand his name, but that's just how it goes. He is Drew Harris, a Victoria,BC native. Oh hell yeah, throw it up for my province! Anyways,he started making waves last year as he pumped out content fast and it was good. An indie electro flow that caught the attention of some top flight blogs and rocketed up Hype Machine, and better yet most of it was FREE! Check his music out that's up on Distorted Disco. Anyways, he's got a lo-fi sound mixed with the skratchi-ness(totally a word) of basement production, constantly giving the impression of a tactile thing. Just my impression, but it seems so much more real, and starting live shows with an amalgamation of other Victoria artists, they some how pull of a live showing of this music. Honestly, I'm impressed, and I'm hoping I get the chance to go see GG sometime in May when they come to Vancouver. But, if not, that's how it goes, I still love the music!

Couple things here, the music is below on SoundCloud because I wanna give respect where respect is due, and because the link was on my Facebook front page and I'm lazy. So download it from there, or if that doesn't work, you can get it here from his website. Next thing is the music video for the song. It's by an indie film maker from Germany, actually from Germany, not an impostor, and it's clips from a full film that uses lots of Harris' music. Soooo I encourage you to check it out but it's really up to you. I like it, which is weird because alot of indie stuff I just lose my mind when they try to be clever and end up being pompous asshats. But, I digress, the music is amazing and that's all that it really boils down too.

I hope you guys love the song as much as I do, I've listened to it a stupid amount of times in the last weekish, and I still want to put it on repeat and just vibe. Anyways, I'm out!


Take Me Home by Germany Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment