Pages

5.15.2011

Arctic Tattoo

This is gunna be a short post, I got up a bit later then usual today so I'm in a rush to get to class, but I love you guys so I'll put this song up. And because I have this song stuck in my head and maybe posting it will stop it from being on repeat in my head!

Friends Electric is a 4 part British indie-electro band from Wales. Beyond that, I don't know much about them. This is their website, it looks like it was made with tumblr. Yeah, so honestly Friends Electric is a band that is indie in most things that it does, but their music is way to catchy, with an abundance of pop hooks and dance inducing electro melodies that...well that make me wanna dance. I have no idea how they don't have more recognition, but then again, my music taste is weirdddd. So they have happy go lucky beats, mixed with lyrics that make you think(I really don't know if that's just me not being awake that I think this, but you can tell me if I'm wrong), but can be danced to.

This song, well I pretty much just described it, but I'll be short I swear. It's been stuck on repeat in my head and it's driving me crazy, so I posted it,huzzah. The voice effect gives it a very ambiguous feel, making me both want to fall asleep and find a dark room to dance in. The hook is pretty good, they over use the title phrase a ton, but that really doesn't matter because the soft augmented piano in the background makes it all fade away. So they've got recognition from other British people, including Radio-1 so that's cool. And now i'm off-topic so I'm gunna go.

Hope you guys have a good start to your weekend, check back in two days. Side note, I was reading through some older posts the other day, I really should consider reading these before I post them, my grammar is atrocious! I'm out!


Golden Blood-Friends Electric

No comments:

Post a Comment