Pages

5.15.2011

Pretty Lights

Today we've got another two awesome electronic songs mixed in with some ranting about my British obsession and some salivating over basslines and vocal hooks. Both are going to be making headlines this summer I think, but either way, right now they can fill your ears with...well music!

Swedish House Mafia is, of course, a trio of Swedish electronic producers all varying in specific genre's and talents, but they've come together and pumped out some jaw shatteringly good songs. Their first album Until One had the singles One and Miami 2 Ibiza, the later featuring grime superstar Tinnie Tempah. Fame and money followed them,and awesome parties too! The song itself features a truly heroic build up mixed with very fitting vocals provided by John Martin, who I believe is from Miike Snow but I could very well be wrong. The background piano track that meets up with the bass kick meshes as it builds towards that powerful drop that we love so much from SHM, and then we are lead into the melody that will make this song a huge anthem for the summer.

Yes, I know, I just posted about Avicii, another Swede, but I'm sorry I had to give in to posting this song before a proper version is released. I'll take the punishment of not being about to get it out of my head any day of the week. Of course, as you just read about him, or if you didn't, you can just scroll down all his info is waiting to be read, by you! Anyways, he's big, and young, and now he's putting out tracks with piano tracks as beautiful as this one, even with the sub-par audio quality, his talent shines through. And what a talent it is, making me want to dance, even though I feel like I just got run over by a bus.

As promised, here is my rant about my British obsession, I started watching Top Gear the other day, and now I'm downloading season 1-8 and I really am quite sad about that. Well, sad that my need for both things I can't afford, the cars, and things I can't have, the accents, are rather overpowering. As it turns out, you can actually gain accents, so if you're British, or have a British accent, I am going to come hunt you down.

Now those of you that haven't hidden in a hole somewhere, I hope you have a good next few days, I'm out!


Save The World Tonight(Ft. John Martin)-Swedish House Mafia
Silhouttes(Radio Rip)-Avicii

No comments:

Post a Comment