Pages

5.10.2011

Shoes and Cars

So as we wade into the week it becomes pretty damn clear that...it's not gunna be any different. So to spice things up a bit, I decided to throw in a fantastic song from last year. Well, awesome remix of an already good song. It's only downfall, is that I can't understand the song cause it's in French... Yes, Canadian I might be, but French-Canadian I am not. Still, I heard once that the melody is the "sex" of the song, while the lyrics are it's personality, so I guess it all works out!

Coeur De Pirate is, like I alluded to, a French-Canadian indie-pop singer. Impressive at her stardom as she's still the young age of 21 and getting international acclaim. She sings nearly exclusively in French, with like one song in English or something like that. But her voice is the kind that sends shivers up and down my spine, and I can't understand her! She's pretty big here, but Quebec isn't the biggest market, but she has won the French equivalent of a Grammy, and that's where her largest fan base is. Just so you know, her voice does not match up with how she looks for me, but that's pretty stereotypical of me, so sorry for that.

Anyways, this song makes me so happy, it's something you can put on and just listen to, without thought of the past, or future. Just vibe. It's nice, Le Matos and Andy Carmichael do a very nice job of turning this already great song into something memorable that, while, that's lasted as memorable for the last year. For me anyways. Of course, this is entirely a personal opinion, and I hope you guys like the song. Oh and if you're interested in what the lyrics actually mean, take a gander at the translation.

I hope you enjoyed the song, it's musical attraction is too strong for me to resist, hopefully you feel the same. Have a good day, or two. See you then, I'm out!

Comme Des Enfants(Le Matos & Andy Carmichael Remix)-Coeur De Pirate

No comments:

Post a Comment