Pages

5.05.2011

Pop On Acid

So I'm freaking out, just so you guys know. As I write this, I'm sitting in my school waiting to start writing my English Lit AP exam. You might be thinking, easy course, and you'd be write, sadly the College Board is OCD about everything, which adds to stress, and also, writing 3 essays is not my idea of a good way to start a Thursday morning. So if this doesn't get up 'till after my exam, sorry but that's how it goes.

So today I give to you two songs by Digitalism, a French signed, German born duo. They make some pretty fantastic music, electro-pop to full out French House, and today you get a nice sample. Well, not really, you just get my two as-of-now favorite songs by them. Anyways, so they've remixed a bunch of famous people, have been remixed by some people, and are played in live sets by some awesome DJs. They've done alot considering they're pretty young, mind you I guess they have been releasing music since 2004, just no one really heard them go boom until a few years back. Anyways, they've played at South by Southwest which is pretty awesome, and a bunch of other festivals but that's the one that jumped out at me, gimme a break I just woke up.

The songs, which is what you should be listening to right now, are awesome in nature, and just because my opening was great don't give up just yet, I promise I'll say something that isn't just circling myself over and over again. Blitz is the first song I ever heard by these two Germans, and I loved it right away. It was just when I discovered Hype Machine and I was so impressed with how quickly my music library grew! Anyways, it's very eight bit-ish and I love it, reminds me of playing Contra C when I was younger, but maybe that's me showing how much of a nerd I am. 2 Hearts is very different, a more laid back electro-pop song that makes me think of artists like Canadian super stars Crystal Castles. There's my opinion anyways.

So wish me luck, although by the time you read this I'll probably be done my sad exam. And before everyone in university jumps on me about how hard their exams are, I know. Just let me cry about loss of feeling of my had in peace. I'm out!

Blitz-Digitalism
2 Hearts-Digitalism


No comments:

Post a Comment