Pages

5.19.2011

Driving Nowhere

So here we go, a dubstep banger with lyrics from some hip-hop superstars. Well, no, but they certainly know what they're doing. To be honest, I didn't know anything about these guys when I started writing, or decided to start writing, this post. So while you learn, so do I!

Split Second is a odd little group, comprised of some very talented people, and some massive amounts of swagger. While the first is important, the second is triply so, especially in the kind of lines that they frequently use. Split Second is three guys from Taft, a Prep college in Connecticut, that's like 500 people large or something silly like that. But anyways, they all are talented in other ways, be it sports or academics,I really don't like people like that. Gimme some of that talent! Joking, hard work get's you there, but now i'm digressing. They're young, and not that well known but they're tossing out some more content as school is out for the summer for most post-secondary people. All now I think...

Nero are some also, very talented musicians. Daniel Stephens and Joe Ray make up the dubstep part of this group, Alanna Watson sings on some of their songs, I dunno if she is actually part of them though... Anyways they signed to drum and bass heroes Chase and Status' label MTA Records. They've gotten radio and top DJ play,and just blown up really. This song was good before anyone dropped lyrics on top of it, and many decided to, but Split Second did the best in my opinion. They did more then just plop some lyrics on top, and modified to song to suit their needs, but kept the soul of it around for sure. The drops are HUGE and that's just fantastic for me, as their party and sex filled lyrics smashed through making me wanna go find a rave to dance in. Or lots of money to steal so I can live a party life and not work.

And I've now just learnt more then I will all day at school,because the last month of school is for suckers. Anyways, I hope you guys like the song, and have a good couple of days, I'm out!

Innocence(Split Second Remix)-Nero

No comments:

Post a Comment