Pages

5.01.2011

Eternal Escape

So here we go again, up and at'em because the day is sunny and warm...and it woke me up with sun in the face. But let's get to it, an electro-indie tune with a throwback 80's tune that feels like I should be in neon leotards and doing aerobics in a room full of mirrors. Yeah, I wasn't even alive in the 80's, but if you hear this song you'll understand what I mean.

Marina & the Diamonds is someone we've talked about before. The beautiful Welsh-Green born songstress that exploded in in 2009 and has just been going up since then. She released an EP and people loved it, next year she came 2nd in BBC's 2010 Sound of Poll, losing only to the equally talented British beauty, Ellie Goulding. She's got a weird sense of style, looks like Madonna if she wore vintage clothes. But then again, I really do not have any fashion knowledge. She's into the whole artistic music videos and stuff, and as such they are pretty weird, but she makes good music and that's really all it boils down to.

Grum is yet another British musician, this one does some pretty amazing remixing. Graeme Shepherd is Grum, and he is another one that is a lover of throwbacks, and as such mixing the two gave us this beauty of a song that reminded me so much of a time I wasn't around for. He's started integrating BBM codes into his music, or rather into his music sales, to see if he can stop piracy I think, selling an experience, not just a song. If it works or not, I guess we shall see. Right, so he's remixed some big names, Marina included but also the likes of Passion Pit and French-Soler. He's making some waves, let's see if they turn into tsunami's or not.

The song itself is pretty upbeat, although that does not include most of the self-deprecating lyrics that are included, but c'est la vie. They do contrast nicely, as it then allows it to be more then just a song to dance to, but also a song to listen to. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the tune, I know it's up a few hours later then usual,but I was tired. I'm out!


Oh No!(Grum Remix)-Marina & the Diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment