Pages

12.01.2011

Happy December!

It's fucking December! Get stoked! I love this time of year, less school, more snow,skiing and Christmas! It's just so exciting all the time! So I am, pretty amped. Anyways, in music news, if you've been on Hypem you'll have noticed that OVERWERK dropped his EP yesterday. So I figure I should probably give a review of it, as he was part of TGCHU! and I've shown them quite a bit of love. He's a Toronto based producer who's single Buzzin' burst him into the music scene a little while ago. His EP, titled The Nth ยบ, is continuous mix, which I think is almost always a good idea, especially because it's not awkward when played not in consecutive order. It's very upbeat, with a definite Electro influence, hearing an album today that doesn't have a dubstep track is a nice change. Here's a song from it, so listen loud, and check out the whole thing, it's worth your time.
Paradigm-OVERKWERK & Nick Nikon

So I try really hard to have a very diverse posting of music, but when Rusko and Mike Posner come around and pump out a great song it's hard to ignore the fact that it's there. So two electronic songs it is, I'm a big fan of Mike Posner's voice, he's done some pretty big things as far as convincing me that guys should stay away from singing unless they're playing a guitar, and this is totally different from what I've heard. Shut Up is less sweet vocals and more rhymes, which actually works alright for me. Rusko provides a delicious beat and Posner makes sure to deliver in the vocals department.
Shut Up-Mike Posner & Rusko

No comments:

Post a Comment